Monday, December 29, 2008

A bit of background

The purpose of this blog is to share some of my thoughts about creativity, ideas and inspirations as well as completed creations. From time to time I will include examples of other's artworks that either inspires me or I greatly admire. I am sure it will also take off at tangents from time to time, but will always return to the main focus.

First I would like to share a little background about myself.

Ever since I was little I have enjoyed being creative, from making and painting plaster Disney Characters as a 6 year old, learning to crochet from my grandmother as a 8 year old to my most recent adventures into Hebel sculpture.

I was encouraged to create and explore my my mother who was doing an art course at University as I was going up. My creativity took a bit of a break in high school due to an art teacher who was far from nurturing. The reason why is I like to break the rules when it comes to creating and she was what I term a dot to dot teacher... no room for true creativity. Thankfully my joy of art returned at university where I achieved two high distinctions and a distinction in practical art subjects.

My involvement in the arts includes over 12 years experience in the newspaper industry as a graphic artist/photo editor and also working as an advertising photographer.

This past year I have become involved with the online art community redbubble, where I have taken on the voluntary roles of community host, general forum host and co-host of two groups: Mother Nature's Finest and All Things Orange Gallery. I greatly enjoy my time there watching the site transform and evolve as well as using it as a tool to sell my art.

I look forward to sharing more about my ongoing creative journey with you via this blog.

12 comments:

TopSurf said...

Welcome to the blogging world. Your blog looks wonderful and I can't wait to watch your journey unfold. Congratulations!

Miss Attitude said...

Congrats on starting a blog! It looks sharp! I can't wait to see more.

Shelley Heath said...

Thank you very much TopSurf and Miss Attitude for your comments they do mean a great deal at this stage of blog infancy.

Sally said...

Looking forward to reading your blog. Congratulations on joining the blogging world!

Shelley Heath said...

Thank you Sally :)

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased you now have a blog - I look forward to its development - as well as seeing your projects once my post becomes ready (05:23 on 1 Jan 2009).

Take care,

Rantz

ChrisB said...

It's so interesting learning more about fellow bloggers. Did your mother do any of her training in England?

JimBob51 said...

Hey Shelley your blog looks great and I look forward to being an ardent follower.
I am sure you will find that whether we are here or not just putting your thoughts and creations up here will add that little extra zing to the journey.

Shelley Heath said...

@ChrisB
She did painting and drawing at the West of England Academy that was prior to her moving to Australia.

NotAMeanGirl said...

this is going to be awesome! I can't wait to see your creations and learn more about you!

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Nice to see you. Welcome to yhr blogging journey.

Cyalayta
Mal :)

penny said...

Following your blog now! Thankful to have stumbled on you online :)